Religion, religion.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Where's the church, who took the steeple
Religion's in the hands of some crazy @ss people
Television preachers with bad hair and dimples
The God's honest truth is it's not that simple

It's the Buddhist in you, it's the pagan in me
It's the Muslim in him, she's Catholic ain't she?
It's that born again look, it's the wasp and the Jew
Tell me what's goin on, I ain't got a clue
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
Aaron Glatz

Re: Religion, Religion.

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SV8vMudp4

Answer: NO, not 100%.
See the beginning of the book of Revelation to get more understanding on this.
Each religion has some truth and that is how they suck people in.

I could agree with those Adventist kooks on a couple of things: Sunday worship and the pagan holiday thing. The sabbath is obviously one of the biggies because it's in the 10 Commandments. And it's hard to ignore how correct they seem to be about the holidays. Martha even stopped baking cookies because of it. :(

HOWEVER....as RFB notes in his video, they have some "issues"-- like the Jewish supremacy thingy. They are racists--the most racist of all people are the Jews. They need to read the book of Galatians and do away with their racism.
Also, their silly food rules. These food rules are obsolete in the new covenant (N.T.).
Both of these (Jewish supremacy and food rules) are of the old covenant---NOT THE NEW COVENANT. These 2 teachings of their church are soooooo wrong---so O.T.----and that's what makes some of us view them as a cult.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 10th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Truthismymiddlename

Postby Yawn » February 11th, 2018, 8:10 am

Kook says:

Also, their silly food rules. These food rules are obsolete in the new covenant (N.T.).

Back it up. Because s Scripture denying kook declares her kookiniess, doesn't make it so.

BACK IT UP WITH SCRIPTURE.

Not with statements from your racist leaders--Men you follow

So what does the new testament and Jesus teach?

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

A common reasoning I hear is that the Laws and requirement of God are nailed to the cross with Jesus. If that was the case then why do we strive to keep any of the 10 commandments or any of the councils in the old testament from God. Sin has consequences whether we believe it or like it. If I lie and steal I will face the consequences. Jesus came to show us a better way not to take away our consequences for breaking the natural laws of God.

What about Peter’s Dream

Acts 10:9 -10:16 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the eaatrth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat. But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

In Peter’s dream a voice tells him to eat unclean meat and he refuses. This dream was shown 3 times. This dream cannot be taken literally and should not be read at face value. See verse 17

Acts 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon’s house, and stood before the gate

Peter, the person who experienced the vision first hand, who was filled with the Holy Spirit and did not know what it meant. This is because he realized that it should not be taken literally. In the bible, some dreams should be taken literally while others should not be. Dreams that should be taken literally have a straight forward message with no extra theatrics.

For instance Genesis 20: 1-7. God came to Abimelech in a dream and told him not to sleep with Abraham’s wife and that he should return her. There was nothing grand or perplexing in this dream.

See Matthew 1:20-24 where in the dream God told Joseph that he should not be worried about taking Mary as a wife. Those dreams were straight forward with clear instructions. Nothing repeated and no strange out of this world displays.

Now lets look at dreams where puzzling things happen.

Pharaoh dreamt that 7 skinny cows would eat 7 fat cows and remain skinny. Wait a minute… since when do cows eat cows, and also how could they eat something bigger than themselves and then look just as skinny as before. That’s just bizarre.

(Genesis 40:17-32) Nebuchadnezzar dreamt that a big statue of gold, silver, iron, clay would be would destroyed and turned into powder by a gigantic rock that hits it on the foot. (Daniel 2:31 -47). How does a large rock grind a metal as strong as gold into powder by simply hitting it?

Both dreams have significance beyond what we literally read. Pharaoh’s dream meant that Egypt would have a severe famine, and Nebuchadnezzar dream meant that kingdoms would rule after his Kingdom until the Lord’s kingdom is finally established.

Acts 10:11-16

So was Peter’s dream straight forward instruction, or some type of puzzling exaggerated occurrence that needs explanation? Let’s walk through the dream. First we see haven open up and a vessel descending. This already sounds out of this world and not very straight forward. Then there was some great sheet with all types of beasts, and wild beasts and insects and birds all in this huge sheet. How big and how strong would this sheet have to be to hold all these wild animals? This sounds pretty unreal and pretty dramatic and similar to the dreams Nebuchadnezzar and Pharoah. Then the voice says to him, arise kill and eat. Now.. where would Peter even begin to eat? We see all these wild beasts in a huge sheet and there is no mention of a stove or pot, fire, or utensils … was he supposed to kill them and eat it raw? Was he expected to kill raw beasts with his bare hands? The dream does not seem logical. Dreams that are illogical and have puzzling events in the bible need interpretation.

Also note, that this dream happened years after Jesus’ death. Peter says that he has never eaten anything unclean. That means the entire time he was in Jesus’ company and eating together with Jesus, that he never ate anything unclean. (1)

So what did peter’s dream really mean? In acts 10:28 we see that God says he should not call any man common or unclean.
I'm a virtuous troll, doing God's Work
Yawn

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 8:28 am

Postby Yawn » 13 minutes ago
Kook says:

Back it up. Because s Scripture denying kook declares her kookiniess, doesn't make it so.

I already have--many times.
It's not my fault that you can't remember. Or that you can't read.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 8:33 am

Cult kook:

Not with statements from your racist leaders--Men you follow

:roll: Unbelievable that Yawn has the nerve to call others racists after all of the racist comments he has made. :roll:

What a moron.

-Men you follow

I don't follow idiot men like you. The ones I follow have common sense. You can't even debate very well, even if you are damned good at trolling :grin: :wag:

Jews like you are the most racist. You've proven that correct several times on this forum. Thank you for that.

It's no wonder that it's down to you and me here. I don't give up as easy as the other wussies here who have obviously jumped ship.
But it's becoming clear that you are a hopeless cause. Not only don't you have many of your facts straight, but your attitude sucks.
Last edited by Truthismymiddlename on February 11th, 2018, 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Yawn » February 11th, 2018, 8:40 am

I give kook an opportunity to teach us, and she FAILS.
That's what ALWAYS happens when this silly woman is confronted by someone who obviously knows much much more than her.
Last edited by Yawn on February 11th, 2018, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yawn

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 8:41 am

F You.
Now get to church!!!
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 8:56 am

Furthermore.....

Controlling Cult Kook:
Postby Yawn » 6 minutes ago
Do I give kook an opportunity to teach us, and she FAILS.
That's what ALWAYS happens when this silly woman is confronted by someone who obviously knows much much more than her.

Leave it to this controlling jerk to focus on minor disagreements instead of building on things that we agree on. :wag:
Not the most diplomatic boy, is he? :wag:
Yawn, Yawn, Yawn....he worries about many things......

It should be obvious by now that Yawn treats the Catholics who disagree with him here with way more respect than he does Martha.
When it comes to Martha he becomes way more emotional for some reason and he always blows his top.
Maybe he should grow up and try a different strategy.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Yawn » February 11th, 2018, 9:00 am

And THIS is why I have the kook on ignore.

She makes UNBIBLICAL statements, then when confronted CANNOT defend them.

No, Jesus kept those laws. So did His apostles, and so did His church. We still do.

It is the followers of Simon the Sorcerer, Simon Magus, who have played fast and loose with GOD'S LAW.
Last edited by Yawn on February 11th, 2018, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yawn

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 9:02 am

New postby Yawn » less than a minute ago
And THIS is why I have the kook on ignore.

So we see.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 12:09 pm

If the old coot does not have me on ignore he might find this helpful, even though I have posted similar things before. At his age the memory is not so good, so I thought about it some more and decided that he needed to be spoon fed today :razz:
How nice of the old bat to take pity on the old coot, huh? :grin:

https://billygraham.org/answer/does-god ... eat-today/
(no, I'm not overly wild about Billy Graham...but he is right about this one).

Note the scriptures listed (God's word-not man's :) ):

MARK 7:17-23
ACTS 10:9-16
1 TIMOTHY 4:4
ROMANS 14:17
EPHESIANS 2: 8-10

In Acts 10:9-16, Peter was informed by God through a vision that he was not to reject the use of certain animals for food on a religious basis. The apostle Paul also writes, “For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer” (1 Timothy 4:4).

XXO.
Hopefully he won't pull what he pulled the last time when he put me to task to "prove" something to him (probably after several prior satisfactory attempts) and then he refused to even read part of it. :wag: He can be such a bad, bad boy sometimes.... :wag:

Case closed on this one, lovey. Just like everything else I've proven u wrong about. :grin:

Now maybe he'll give the old bat a rest by proving that he really does have her on ignore.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Truthismymiddlename » February 11th, 2018, 1:22 pm

OMG! :quesexclaim:
I've just received "a vision" that I must share with you people. :idea:

The "voices, voices" just instructed me that I've become the new Ellen White and that I need to start my own religion. They have also authorized me that I can add and subtract from the Bible like Ellen White did because I am gifted like she was......

I've been instructed to call my new church "The Church of Truth"--- and to con, I mean invite, as many people as possible to join it. I've also been instructed to ignore scriptures that I don't like and to add my own thoughts and feelings to the scriptures by writing a companion book to the Bible- like she did.
I have been cautioned to have someone good in grammar help me accomplish this---but that's beside the point. :razz:

Anyone care to join?
The voices recommend that I have at least a few obnoxious trolls on my side--so that they can scare away the serious questioners of my visions.
And who wants to help me with the grammar as I accept this new mission?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Some of you here are just ignorant enough to take all of this seriously, so I must point out that the above is satire.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby UnAmericanYOU » February 11th, 2018, 10:38 pm

I always wanted to be a Christian mystic, and, although I have been a complete failure at my attempts so far to become one, it's still on my bucket list. You never know.

Unclean this, clean that:

“Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him, since it enters not his heart but his stomach, and is expelled?”

makes sense to me but I've never really had a desire to try buzzard. Since I was a kid, I wondered why the Bible never addressed eating dogs or cats - they should have made it clear for the Koreans:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... mpics.html

mystic:

pet Fido and Fluffy, don't eat them
"Heavens, no! It could get subpoenaed. I can't write anything!"

Hillary Clinton, asked in 1996 interview if she she had ever kept a diary.
UnAmericanYOU

Postby Yawn » February 11th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Since I was a kid, I wondered why the Bible never addressed eating dogs or cats

It does. They are unclean as food. Jesus followed those laws, as did His followers. Best to follow your Creator's example.
Yawn

Next

Return to News