« Back to RenewAmerica

Two Catholics

Current events and discussion

Two Catholics

Postby Deplorable MEh » August 28th, 2019, 1:41 am

Intelligent Design was an outspoken Catholic. He disagreed with davehines who apparently had a Catholic funeral. If the two were Catholics but one was of the constitution party while the other was of the libertarian party then does that mean a conservative Catholic is outspoken while a libertarian Catholic is quiet?

My theory is that davehines and Robert were both living two lives that contradicted each others'. While Robert tried to be a conservative his Catholic beliefs got in the way. He fell prey to just wars or the false idea that Catholics are pacifists. He also bought in to the "evil" death penalty opinion that some Catholics hold dear.

Davehines used Latin terms a lot so I shoulda guessed he was Catholic. His support for Ron Paul fooled me. But his unwillingness to tell everyone what religion he was or even talk about stuff in the religious liberty forum had me wondering what he was hiding. Turns out we had two Catholics sparring on this forum for years. Is that ironic or is there a better word for this turn of events?
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Re: Two Catholics

Postby philosophicallyfrank » September 7th, 2019, 7:40 pm

As with anything else, there are good Catholics, who totally accept everything that "The Church" teaches and there are those who "claim" to be Catholic; buy refuse to accept some of the teachings and therefore are not Catholic. Jesus, Himself, said that it is easier to get a camel thru the eye of a needle; then it is to get into Heaven. So, He set the standard pretty high.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » September 8th, 2019, 8:51 pm

philosophicallyfrank wrote:As with anything else, there are good Catholics, who totally accept everything that "The Church" teaches and there are those who "claim" to be Catholic; buy refuse to accept some of the teachings and therefore are not Catholic. Jesus, Himself, said that it is easier to get a camel thru the eye of a needle; then it is to get into Heaven. So, He set the standard pretty high.

Nice misquote of a famous verse. Intentional?
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » September 12th, 2019, 5:11 pm

I did not put my "off the cuff" answer in quotes; so it can't be a "mis-quote". I did correctly make the same point.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » September 13th, 2019, 2:29 pm

New Testament quotes Jesus as saying that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God".
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » September 13th, 2019, 2:34 pm

It wasn't what Jesus said so it is a misquote. You could have said Jesus may have said something like...

Very misleading. Do it yourself Catholics seem to know a lot about what Jesus said according to "off the cuff" research.
Deplorable MEh

Return to News