« Back to RenewAmerica

Revisiting Meals on Wheels

Current events and discussion

Revisiting Meals on Wheels

Postby Deplorable MEh » May 11th, 2020, 10:24 pm

"Senior Nutrition Programs Get $30M More In Funding Next Year. Meals On Wheels America CEO Says That's Still Not Enough"

The bipartisan deal allocated an additional $15 million to both congregate and home-delivered meals, bringing the total funding for senior nutrition under the Older Americans Act to $936.8 million. But that’s still not enough to meet the needs of more than 9 million seniors at risk of going hungry in the U.S.

f--- em! f--- old Boomers can go to hell! :quesexclaim: Why don't they go to a fuucking food pantry like I do and the rest of the seniors do? Can't cook your own meal? Then admit your sorry asssssssses to a fuuckkkkkkkin nursing home!

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/12 ... ng-seniors
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Re: Revisiting Meals on Wheels

Postby Deplorable MEh » May 12th, 2020, 6:32 pm

Fear-mongering over the future of Meals on Wheels, 350 Million Americans and 9 million Meals on Wheels people. The math doesn't add up. If two billion can build us a wall then one billion can feed 9 million people.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Return to News