« Back to RenewAmerica

The Workman is Worthy of His Hire.

Current events and discussion

Postby newsie » November 11th, 2005, 9:45 am

THE WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF HIS HIRE
By newsie 9/15/04

1. Matthew 10:9-10 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, (v.10)Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat

2. Luke 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

3. 1 Timothy 5:18 For the scripture sayeth, Thou shall not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And the labourer is worthy of his reward.

4. Deuteronomy 25:4 Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn

5. Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me saith the Lord of hosts.

6. Refer also to 1 Corinthians 9:4-15

All scripture given is King James version unless otherwise noted.

In 1992 when I worked for a local limousine company here in Pinellas county, I had the oppertunity to pick up one gentelman at the airport in Tampa, and take him to a local hotel, where I dropped him off. At 8:00 am. the next day I picked the man up and took him to a business
meeting, and several other stops along the way, one such stop, was at
his parents house in St. Petersburg. Now mind you I'm driving one man
around all day long approximately 10 hours total, in an eight passenger limousine at a rate of around $55.00 per hour, of course the bill was
put on the company expense account. Now this in itself is just a common everyday occurrance, and is in no way noteworthy, except for one stop
we made in Clearwater Fl. at the Burger King restaurant on U.S. Highway 19, where the man called the manager of the local branch of the company
that they worked for, and told her that he was ready to be picked up. Now I thought to myself that's odd, why would he want to be picked up by another company employee to ride over to the plant in that employee's sedan, when he is riding in an eight passenger limousine driven by a well experienced driver, in fact I was a little miffed over
the situation. So upon his return I asked the gentleman why he chose to ride over there with the plant's manager instead of the limousine, his
response was a little shockig to me. He said he did not want the employee's to see him riding around in a limousine, because they would want a raise in pay, saying if the company could afford to hire a limousine for a mid level manager of the company to ride around in all day, they could certainly afford to give us a raise in pay.

Then there is the story of my ex brother inlaw, we'll call him Berry.
Berry is a mechanic, who was trying to start his own business fixing cars. But then a friend of his recriuted him to be the supervisor of
the mechanics department of a local car dealership, he did not really
want this new responsibility, because his own business was doing pretty well at the time. He was satisfied with his situation. But the dealership offered him a very large salary, I think it was $50,000 per
year, so he was convinced to take the job. But it was not long before
the dealership upper management learned of Berry's good fortune, so they hired two new mechanics for Berry to train, I believe that Berry said these two, were recent immigrant's to this country. Well long story short Berry was, unbeknownst to himself at the time, training his own replacements. He was on unempolyment after that for a long time.

The same thing happened at another company here in Pinellas county, a few years back, employees had to train the mexican workers that would eventually take their jobs away from them.

Big business dirty tricks to cut labor costs will go down in our history certainly as embarrassing and sordid as the Lynchburg eugenics
program.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... chburg.asp

The L.S.D. experimentations on military personell in the 1960's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

And the Tuskegee syphillis experimentations on black men. http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/od/tuskegee/time.htm

This country has plenty in our history to be ashamed of we certainly do not need any more.

Now, this is the attitude of all too many employers today. You say what is wrong with that? Well to start with, America used to be the place where an honest day's work got you an honest day's pay, but not in 2005 America. Subterfuge and chicanery to keep wages low rules the day now.
Secondly this violates Judaeic/Christian principals, lets take a look at the bible. Malachi 3:5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me saith the Lord of hosts. it is this, And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, I wish to focus on now. you don't need a P.H.D. to figure that one out. but let's analyze it just a bit, judgement (Strongs 4941) verdict, a sentence, formal decree, determination. I don't know about you brother, but if I had my druther's I'druther not have the Lord be a judge and a swift witness against me. Also there is Luke 10:7 And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.

Why? well I can think of at least two reasons right off the top of my head #1 Hebrews 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Especially if he is mad at you, I should imagine. #2 Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but rather fear him which is able to destroy both body and soul in hell. As if these emlpoyers(we are talking big busineess here, smaller companies for the most part treat their employees better though they are certainly not exempt, at least that has been my experiences) Shenanigans were not enough, we now have the problem of outsourcing. But the president said that outsourcing was good for the country what is your problem with that. Well it is just not me that has a problem with it so does the governor of Michigan "I can say is that if you're going to compete for Michigan work, you should be here" Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Michigan has lost 100,000 jobs to outsourcing.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/ ... 8292.shtml

Well let's see if we can figure out just why Mr.Bush did say that outsourcing is good for the country. First of all before he was a politician, he was an excutive of a major corporation, (again big business) so what do you think Mr.Bush had in mind? When he made that statement, big business America (his buddies, especially big oil) or middle class America (not his buddies) remember big business America his buddies, especially big oil, make huge campaign contributions to his relection. So where do you think his loyalties lie? I choose the former not the latter, I am sure you do too. Simply put it is unfair international trade,
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/btp/odop/2004-question3.htm
and costs American workers their jobs, as a limousine driver I depend on Americans having jobs, and good paying jobs too, not just the minimum wage service sector jobs the current administration is bragging about creating the past several years. If they don't have a job they don't hire the limousine. By the way Macdonald's employees also do not hire the limousine either, even though they do have a job. They also don't buy fifty inch televisions, they pay the rent, buy some groceries, and maby buy a gallon of gas for their car, that's about it. In a couple of years we'll all be flipping hamburgers, or delivering pizza's to one another, if this alarming trend continues, and it certainly will continue with Mr. Bush's attitude. A friend of mine knows a gentleman that used to be a computer tech. that made $60,000 per year he now drives a van and makes $8.00 per hour I don't think Mr.Bush's out sourcing policies wash too well with him. Offshore outsourcing may
be popular among big American business in 2004, but then slavery was also popular in 1858. I say lets outsource our government, there is a constitutional prohibition from foreign born persons being president, but congress enjoys no such protections. And after all they are certainly complicit in this reprehensible and disgusting attack being permitted, yeah being perpetrated by congress on the American Middle class. Those that support outsourcing usually say that it creates jobs in other areas
our economy, but I say to them prove it, of course they never do. Bottom line is 12,000 to 15,000 American middle class jobs per month are being lost to places like India, and the Philippines.
http://www.cfr.org/background/trade_jobs.php

The American worker makes on average $12.00 per hour, The Indian worker makes on average $2.00 per hour. I defy anyone to prove how this is good for the American middleclass. Coming soon part two, the further destruction of the American middle class from
http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=226038
Well see there is a God after all, the jobs that Costa Rica stole from the U.S.A. are being stolen from them by the Chi coms.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/30/Colum ... len_.shtml
However I find it impossible to rejoice over the matter because the jobs have still left America.

And where does all of this cheap labor lead to, well just look at the riots going on in France today and you have your answer. The businesses in Paris are shut down and are not making a dime, well actually in France it is a Euro, well whatever you can bet your bottom dollar or yen the great men of the earth are crying their eyes out over lost profits that can never be recovered. This is an excellent warning to America to start treating your workers better and paying them a decent living wage otherwise the same things loom on the horizon for you here in this country, While we here do not advocate violence in anywise, we also can see the proverbial writing on the wall, not to mention the internet.
http://www.investors.com/editorial/IBDA ... e=20051107
http://www.metimes.com/articles/normal. ... 0141-6111r
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/145/32.0.html
And you can also bet these things were prophesied in the Holy Writ thousands of years ago,
Revelation 18:23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more shine at all in thee, and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the
GREAT MEN OF THE EARTH; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived
Also Revlation 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, a measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barly for a penny…
Now the above scripture means this. A penny when this was written was the average daily pay for unskilled workers, so what it say’s is this, workers in the last day’s, as this is an end times prophecy will work all day and receive as their pay, only enough money to buy a couple of loaves of bread. This can play out two or three different ways, one hyperinflation as we seen in the 1970’s under the Jimmy Carter administration. Two or extremely low wages to workers, we see today with all the cheap labor being imported into the United Steates, by your congress and outsourcing American jobs to third world countries. Three or more likely, a combination of the two. So you had better learn how to live on the cheap now.

Update11/12/05
America's Educational and Job Nightmare.
http://www.rense.com/general68/plamene.htm
Last edited by newsie on November 12th, 2005, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
newsie: calling it like I see it
Are you drinking from the river denial?
newsie

Postby T.J. » November 11th, 2005, 10:41 am

newsie...you are right on ..REVELATION is coming to pass before our very eyes!
T.J.

THE WORKMAN IS WORTHY OF HIS HIRE

Postby newsie » November 11th, 2005, 1:01 pm

T.J. thank you for your reply. And props to you , you know your scripture.
newsie

By the way THANKYOU Vetrans, for your service to your country.
Love Ya
newsie

Postby lanienus » November 11th, 2005, 1:29 pm

T.J. wrote:newsie...you are right on ..REVELATION is coming to pass before our very eyes!

So John had 2005 in mind? John started out by saying that God told him about things "that must SHORTLY come to pass"? What comfort or help would the message be to people if it was going to take 2005 years to happen? John stated "for the time is at hand...".

If you believe you can pinpoint events and predict 2005 or soon as John's
intention, you know more than he did.
lanienus

Postby hannahsmom » November 11th, 2005, 1:37 pm

I won't be a bit surprised if the riots come to America. When the growing lower class gets tired of the fact that even though they work full time they still can't afford food, they might just get angry enough to take it to the streets. I grew up in an upper middle class family, my father went to MIT and was an engineer. We belonged to the best country club and I went to private boarding school. We had a nice lifestyle. Now, my husband is in management in a large resort property. Yet we can barely afford to pay our bills and put food on the table. I can't work because I take care of Hannah. We are in the lower class living on the frings of poverty. Stuff isn't important to me. I'd rather be home with my children then making $7.00 and hour. But it's to the point where I have no choice. It's sickening what is happening in this country. Very scarey! I know that my family is the norm not the exception.
It is not enough to know the Word of God; we need the life of Christ to change.

http://gracecafe.proboards62.com/index.cgi
hannahsmom

Postby Guest » November 11th, 2005, 3:30 pm

T.J. wrote:newsie...you are right on ..REVELATION is coming to pass before our very eyes!

More fantasies.

Postby T.J. » November 11th, 2005, 5:04 pm

lanny.....2,000 years is nothing...in the span of eternity.....did revelation come to pass right after Christ ascended? No...the gospel had not been preached yet to the uttermost parts of the earth.....in GOD's timetable, since John was given the Revelation, it HAS been a short time....God is timeless...He is actually outside the scope of measureable time...man needs to measure his days...Yahwehe does not...so 2,000 years or so DOES SEEM SHORT, to God, I'm sure. :grin:

But there is no denying...the fulfillment is coming...just saw on the news last night about SYRIA>.....war will happen with them and some other nation is SOME CAPACITY...soon...for a prophecy about Damascus being a heap of ruins has not yet been fulfilled yet.
T.J.

Postby Guest » November 11th, 2005, 6:24 pm

T.J. wrote:lanny.....2,000 years is nothing...in the span of eternity.....did revelation come to pass right after Christ ascended? No...the gospel had not been preached yet to the uttermost parts of the earth.....in GOD's timetable, since John was given the Revelation, it HAS been a short time....God is timeless...He is actually outside the scope of measureable time...man needs to measure his days...Yahwehe does not...so 2,000 years or so DOES SEEM SHORT, to God, I'm sure. :grin:

But there is no denying...the fulfillment is coming...just saw on the news last night about SYRIA>.....war will happen with them and some other nation is SOME CAPACITY...soon...for a prophecy about Damascus being a heap of ruins has not yet been fulfilled yet.

Nobody is coming back, you wacko. Is that ALL you care about? Don't you care how your insanity affects the gospel message? People think Christianity is a joke because of people like you.

Postby lanienus » November 11th, 2005, 7:02 pm

T.J. wrote:lanny.....2,000 years is nothing...in the span of eternity.....did revelation come to pass right after Christ ascended? No...the gospel had not been preached yet to the uttermost parts of the earth.....in GOD's timetable, since John was given the Revelation, it HAS been a short time....God is timeless...He is actually outside the scope of measureable time...man needs to measure his days...Yahwehe does not...so 2,000 years or so DOES SEEM SHORT, to God, I'm sure. :grin:

If you would examine history, how many new religions have been started by people who "know" the end is near? Check out Rutherford and his predictions and the Jehovah Witnesses. Every generation for a thousand years has seen events which they claim for sure is "the end." Your sincereity is not the issue, but your interpretation is no more right than
the famous little book "Millions Now Living Will Never Die." We know that book was wrong.
lanienus

Postby newsie » November 11th, 2005, 8:07 pm

lanienus Remember 2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

CBS's special "Category 7 the End of the World" on CBS Sunday Nov. 6&13 6-9PM EST*
http://www.cbs.com/specials/category7/
The whole world seems to be obsessed with the end of the world these days, they used to ridicule Christians for preaching this, calling us prophets of doom. Now Hollywood has junped on the bandwagon and become profits of doom themselves.
Why even Alice Cooper say’s it is the end of the world.
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed ... of%20world
George Noory said the same thing on his radio show a short time ago.
And Pat Robertson televangelist and preterist, that does not even believe in the end times said that he may have to reconsider his end time beliefs after reporting on all the hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamies.
Following is but a small sampling of end time Bible prophecies with links to news articles that fulfill that end time prophecy.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
These focus on changing times.
http://www.canadafreepress.com/2004/cover082704.htm
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05210/545823.stm

Isaiah 17:13 Jeremiah 51:1 Thus saith the Lord; I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind.
http://www.rense.com/general66/winds.htm
Also see Luke 21:25 below.

Hosea 10:8 ...: and they shall say to the mountains, cover us;...
http://www.cmu.edu/coldwar/bunker2.htm

Daniel 11:39 divide the land for gain (scroll down to "Gaza closed as disengagement gets underway")
http://www.cuttingedge.org/newsletters/index.html

Jeremiah 50:37 A sword is upon their horses, and upon their chariots...
Oil hits a new record high.
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArtic ... OIL-DC.XML

Ezekiel 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, thus saith the Lord God; Behold O my People I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
The Sanhedrin revived.
http://www.israelnn.com/print.php3?what=news&id=70349

Matthew 24:7, Mark 13:8, Luke 21:11 7.0 earthquakes
http://www.wltx.com/news/news19.aspx?storyid=25898
Earth "still ringing" after Indian Ocean earthquake:
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/a ... 2003217295
Earth still vibrating from massive earthquake
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wstop.html
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/a ... 2003217295
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... wstop.html
Earth quake monitor see all earth quakes for the last five years.
http://www.rense.com/general67/rupt.htm
This is a great link, it shows all of the earthquakes for the last five years, mag four and up, I hit it several times a week.
http://www.iris.edu/seismon/
7.2 Quake and tsunami hit Japan.
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story ... id=3622348

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Jeremiah 23:19 Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
Jeremiah 25:32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
Wilma hit cuba then came back to hit Mexico then bounced back to hit USA, literally fulling from nation to nation

The word whirlwind here means litterally hurricane source Strongs concordance #5591 page 83 Hebrew and Chaldee dictionary.
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/01/28/Tampa ... e__w.shtml
http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnatu ... waves.html
http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnatu ... waves.html
Hurricane predictions ratcheted up.
http://www.copvcia.com/free/ww3/080305_ ... es.shtml#5
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... canes_dc_6
This story reminds me of the animals coming into Noah's ark, and also of the animals that left the south Asian coastal areas for higher ground, before the 12/26/04 quake and tsunami.
Strange behavior of sea creatures.
http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline. ... 3&banner=1
Sea creatures die off, related to above.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2005 ... 12685.html

There is another end time prophecy that predicts disbelief.
Habakkuk 1:5 Behold ye among the heathen, (nations) and regard, and wonder marvellously, for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.
And like some of the Lord's time
Matthew 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring... ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

For even more links to news stories that fulfill end times events click below.
http://www.ourchurch.com/view/?pageID=211338

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up,and lift up your heads, for your redemption draweth nigh.

hannahsmom you make some excellent points

Confused careful I feel a lot of hate coming from that post.
Matthew 19:19 ...Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self.
Matthew5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies.
Until you begin to study scripture you will remain so.
And thank you all for your thoughts on this topic.
newsie

Postby Jerry » November 12th, 2005, 12:42 am

newsie
you do more to turn people AWAY from Christianity than to it
Jerry

Postby newsie » November 12th, 2005, 11:03 am

Jerry all I do is report the news and the scripture, for example Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Jeremiah 23:19 Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked.
Jeremiah 25:32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
The word whirlwind means Hurricane source Strongs (5591) concordance. When I see the news about hurricanes and read the above scripture about hurricanes I report it, that is all I do.
The below story reports on the sea roaring
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/01/28/Tampa ... e__w.shtml
It would seem to me that your problem is more with the scripture and the current events than with me.
I suggest furthermore you study the below scripture verse until you properly understand it.
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Gods Message in the time of Noah was repent or perish, in 2005 that is still his message to mankind.
Would you tell John the Baptist the the same thing you wrote to me after hearing him say this,
Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, Oh generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Or tell it to Elijah after seeing him kill 450 prophets of Baal?
Finally let me make it very clear that God does not himself perpetrate these natural disasters, he just takes his hand of protection away from people who refuse to hear him speak. Satan is the god of this world 2 Corinthians 4:4 read the book of Job the evil brought upon him was from Satan.
Psalms 50:17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.
Jeremiah 5:25 Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.
If then sin can withold good things, then sin can also bring evil things upon one, so we see here that the natural disasters are coming from satan as a result of sin. I know people hate hearing that but I will not teach smooth things in these troublous times.
Isaiah 30:10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
newsie

Postby hannahsmom » November 12th, 2005, 12:56 pm

CBS's special "Category 7 the End of the World" on CBS Sunday Nov. 6&13 6-9PM EST*
http://www.cbs.com/specials/category7/
The whole world seems to be obsessed with the end of the world these days, they used to ridicule Christians for preaching this, calling us prophets of doom. Now Hollywood has junped on the bandwagon and become profits of doom themselves.
Why even Alice Cooper say’s it is the end of the world.

SOme guy prophesied this actually happening. He also predicted Katrina New Orleans. Remember the movie " Oil Storm"? The movie came out then it happened just like in the movie. I certainly hope this isn't the case with this movie.

Notice how they're pushing the avian flu scare big time. I've seen several documentaries on it lately. What if the forces of darkness fed off of human fear, and had to keep producing these scare tactics to give them plenty to feed off of. Remember, Jesus told us to not fear. It was a commandment.
It is not enough to know the Word of God; we need the life of Christ to change.

http://gracecafe.proboards62.com/index.cgi
hannahsmom

Postby Jerry » November 12th, 2005, 4:00 pm

Jerry all I do is report the news and the scripture,

They are mutually exclusive. Please keep the threads separate on these two topics.

Besides you are quoting your ficticious scripture.
Jerry

Postby newsie » November 29th, 2005, 2:28 pm

Update 11/29/05

You know this one.
GM cuts 30,000 jobs.
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pi ... refer=home

But this is the one they do not want to know.
Gm to increase India work force 30%
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 309881.cms
They are shipping our jobs to India.
newsie

Next

Return to News