Philosophy and discussion

Re: This Is An I told You So About Planetary Formation

Postby atruepatriot » April 16th, 2010, 6:30 pm

This conversation is PRICELESS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
atruepatriot

Postby Intelligent Design » April 16th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Now if only you could follow along........ :roll:
The Constitution is controled anarchy, just barely, as was the intent of our Founders.

You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body.C.S. Lewis

Statutum tempus Lex of Deus est a Donum. Donum attero nisi a speculum of lex of Deus, in terra
Intelligent Design

Postby atruepatriot » April 16th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Intelligent Design wrote:Now if only you could follow along........ :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
atruepatriot

Postby Intelligent Design » April 16th, 2010, 8:02 pm

atruepatriot wrote:
Intelligent Design wrote:Now if only you could follow along........ :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That wouldn't be following along.

Try again.

Think of the toilet, since that seems to be where your mind is. What would cause 'just part' of that to spin the other way?
The Constitution is controled anarchy, just barely, as was the intent of our Founders.

Statutum tempus Lex of Deus est a Donum. Donum attero nisi a speculum of lex of Deus, in terra
Intelligent Design

Postby kerwin » April 17th, 2010, 2:46 am

Intelligent Design wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/baskill/3972999780/

Kerwin,

The above is a blackhole, granted, it is one of the most powerful objects in freespace. Indeed it will force all other objects to dance to its tune.

I honestly don't see how a counter-spin could be created? Even if it is just a Star.

How? Here we can see how formation works. Everything within the system moves in the same direction.

Impact is all I can come up with that might work?

One other might work, but it is a long shot. Perhaps a captured planet from another system. Rogue planet.

Thank you for the information though I have nothing to add except that I would think captured planet's would be an unusual event.
Kerwin

To continue the fight to insure the blessing of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ourselves and our children yet unborn is the mark of a true American Patriot.
kerwin

Postby davehines » April 18th, 2010, 10:59 am

You might find this relevant to the discussion.
"'My country, right or wrong' is the moral equivalent of 'my mother, drunk or sober.'”
-- G.K. Chesterton
davehines

Postby kerwin » April 19th, 2010, 9:27 am

davehines wrote:You might find this relevant to the discussion.

I read a little bit and have previously seen where scientist are prone to hold on to outdated ideas without considering new explanations that better explain a known phenomena.
Kerwin

To continue the fight to insure the blessing of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ourselves and our children yet unborn is the mark of a true American Patriot.
kerwin

Postby Intelligent Design » April 19th, 2010, 4:04 pm

WoW!?! Im gonna have to read it again---but WoW!?!

Much to think of.......but really WoW!?!

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » April 19th, 2010, 6:06 pm

James P. Hogan wrote: How, for example, does a tiny nucleus measuring typically a few kilometers across manage to hold together and entrain a coma that can be millions of kilometers long, and beyond that an even larger tail that exhibits a structure of filaments and pencils?

The comet has in its wake dust particals. They follow along. Light up as they come closer. Conjecture, on my part.

James P. Hogan wrote: If comas form from expanding gases and dust released by the Sun's heat, why are they seen in the outer reaches of the Solar System where the Sun's influence is negligible, as happened when Comet Halley was observed to flare up spectacularly in 1991 between the orbits of Saturn and Uranus, or Comet Holmes 17P in 2007, which underwent a millionfold increase in brightness when it was heading away from the Sun?

Comet Halley in 1991 did fire up as went between Saturn and Uranus. Both planets have huge magnetic fields and this points back to what the man is saying all along. When you drag a wire in a field it operates just the same as if you drug the wound wire around a magnet, it will produce a charge. Conjecture, on my part.

I'll have to think more on Comet Holmes. I question a millionfold increase in brightness. But.....?

James P. Hogan wrote:Even more astonishing, how does a glowing coma sometimes manage to emit X-rays as intense as those measured coming from the Sun, as Comet Hyakutake did in 1996? Nothing in a comet is supposed to be energetic enough to produce X-rays.

Ummmmm, Im a amateur but understand the implication and will use the same word.....astonishing! Indeed Im at a loss here.

I'll have to stop here. Gotta run.......

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » April 19th, 2010, 9:42 pm

I'll have a look at the other links that came with your link David.

Still, this was something I never heard of and Im having trouble buying inot the X-Ray part of the artical.

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » April 20th, 2010, 3:43 pm

This is going to take awhile.

I have to run it against all my preconceive notions.

Intelligent Design

Previous

Return to Ideas