« Back to RenewAmerica

Pope Vows to Keep Tough Abortion Stance

Religious freedom updates and discussion

Pope Vows to Keep Tough Abortion Stance

Postby Christian Lott » May 8th, 2005, 10:34 pm

The pope "must not proclaim his own ideas, but ever link himself and the church to obedience to the word of God, when faced with all attempts of adaptation or of watering down, as with all opportunism," Benedict said.

That's what Pope John Paul II (search) did when he "underlined in an unequivocal way the inviolability of human beings, the inviolability of human life from conception to natural death," Benedict said to ringing applause from the congregation.

"Freedom to kill is not a true freedom but a tyranny that reduces the human being into slavery."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155806,00.html
Christian Lott

Postby oceanjewel » May 8th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Wrong forum,sonny.SEEK HELP
Our family chain is broken,
nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by
one, the chain will link again.
In loving Memory for my Mom
and little brother.
oceanjewel

Postby Christian Lott » May 8th, 2005, 11:23 pm

Wrong forum,sonny.SEEK HELP

You're claiming this forum now? Go back to the News Forum and ask about the morality of tattoos again.
Christian Lott

Postby oceanjewel » May 8th, 2005, 11:44 pm

My tatoo is just fine,baby :grin:
Our family chain is broken,
nothing seems the same;
But as God calls us one by
one, the chain will link again.
In loving Memory for my Mom
and little brother.
oceanjewel

Each day I love him more, and it looks like....

Postby McKerrow » May 10th, 2005, 2:06 am

Im going to love this one just as much as the last one. :lol:
No job too small for me. But many are too big!
McKerrow

tattoos

Postby McKerrow » May 10th, 2005, 2:08 am

Ive got one on my right shoulder. Tazz with a cleaver in one hand and Buggs head in the other.

Think that is going to make God mad?
McKerrow

Postby McKerrow » May 11th, 2005, 5:08 am

DAMN! :shock:

The last word on this one too? :cool:
McKerrow

Re: tattoos

Postby Little Flower » July 28th, 2005, 11:31 pm

McKerrow wrote:Ive got one on my right shoulder. Tazz with a cleaver in one hand and Buggs head in the other.

I have an arm band around my left bicep. It's a Native design.

Little Flower

Re: tattoos

Postby Jerry » July 28th, 2005, 11:42 pm

Little Flower wrote:
McKerrow wrote:Ive got one on my right shoulder. Tazz with a cleaver in one hand and Buggs head in the other.

I have an arm band around my left bicep. It's a Native design.

I guess you forgot the bible verse that states God forbids tatoos.

oooooooooops

I guess you had better change your signature closing
Jerry

It was the TYPE of tattoos that were forbidden...

Postby Little Flower » July 28th, 2005, 11:45 pm

and that is in the Old Testament, not the New Testament.

I am a Catholic Christian, not a Jew. I am not bound by Mosaic Law.

Nice try though.

Little Flower
Little Flower

Re: It was the TYPE of tattoos that were forbidden...

Postby Jerry » July 28th, 2005, 11:58 pm

Little Flower wrote:and that is in the Old Testament, not the New Testament.

I am a Catholic Christian, not a Jew. I am not bound by Mosaic Law.

Nice try though.

Little Flower

Your Messiah followed the Old Testament - ONLY. So you disagree with Him - wow.

I do not recall any true Christian tossing out the Old Testament. Or just cherry picking what they want to follow from that document that was supposedly the "Word Of God".

You are a TRUE hypocrite, something that your Messiah abhored.
Jerry

Postby Little Flower » July 29th, 2005, 12:27 am

Jerry wrote:Your Messiah followed the Old Testament - ONLY. So you disagree with Him - wow.

I do not recall any true Christian tossing out the Old Testament. Or just cherry picking what they want to follow from that document that was supposedly the "Word Of God".

Not so. Your comments reveal your ignorance of Jesus Christ. He fulfilled the Law perfectly on our behalf. He established a New Covenant in His Blood at the Last Supper. He offered Himself up for the sins of the world as the Spotless Lamb of G-d. His death and resurrection ushered in a New Era of Grace, where circumcision is replaced with baptism and His Spirit lives within us. No longer is the Law written on tablets of stone, but on the human heart.

He tells us what Commandments fulfill the Law and the Prophets:

"And He said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:37-40)

By relying on G-d to help us live these Commandments, we fulfill all the Law and the Prophets.

If we love G-d with all our heart, soul and mind, we fulfill the first four commandments and all the laws that pertain to them. If we love our neighbour as ourself, we fulfill the other six and all the laws pertaining to them.

You should try and learn about the Messiah before you presume to speak for Him.

Pax Christi,
Little Flower
Little Flower

Postby Jerry » July 29th, 2005, 12:39 am

Little Flower wrote:
Jerry wrote:Your Messiah followed the Old Testament - ONLY. So you disagree with Him - wow.

Not so. Your comments reveal your ignorance of Jesus Christ. He fulfilled the Law perfectly on our behalf. He established a New Covenant in His Blood at the Last Supper. He offered Himself up for the sins of the world as the Spotless Lamb of G-d. His death and resurrection ushered in a New Era of Grace, where circumcision is replaced with baptism and His Spirit lives within us. No longer is the Law written on tablets of stone, but on the human heart.

He tells us what Commandments fulfill the Law and the Prophets:

"And He said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:37-40)

By relying on G-d to help us live these Commandments, we fulfill all the Law and the Prophets.

If we love G-d with all our heart, soul and mind, we fulfill the first four commandments and all the laws that pertain to them. If we love our neighbour as ourself, we fulfill the other six and all the laws pertaining to them.

You should try and learn about the Messiah before you presume to speak for Him.

Pax Christi,
Little Flower

I am not speaking for Him. You are violating what Jesus preached. The Last Supper was the Passover Seder. It is an Old Testament festival. HE follwed ONLY the Old Testament. Use whatever gibberish you want, you are wrong.
YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!
Your Messiah did not use the words you used to twist out of your guilt for violating His teachings. You failed.

It is just another example of the cry-baby wanting her way and getting a tatoo and then saying it is OK with Jesus. He would abhor you. If He wanted you to have a tatoo, He would have suggested or inferred such - or at least told you to toss ALL the teachings of the Old Testament away. You lied, you failed.
Jerry

Jerry

Postby Little Flower » July 29th, 2005, 1:31 am

First of all, you are not the Pope, or a Cardinal, a Bishop or my Confessor. Therefore I am not subject to your scrutiny and you have no authority to tell me what my religion teaches. I am a Catholic. You are not. I am very well learned in my Faith. You know nothing.

Everything that I have said was taught by Jesus to his Apostles. These teachings have been preserved by His Church for two thousand years. If you actually took the time to read the entire New Testament, you would know this.

Secondly, there is One who judges me and His name is not Jerry. Last time I checked His name was spelled G-d.

"If G-d is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, will he not also give us all things with him? Who shall bring any charge against G-d's elect? It is G-d who justifies; who is to condemn? Is it Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of G-d, who indeed intercedes for us? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, "For thy sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of G-d in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:31-39)

That part that says "nor anything else in all creation" includes your pathetic , feeble attempt to intimidate me.

Thirdly, heed what Jesus says:

"And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying, "Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down" Revelation 12:10.

The accuser is speaking loud and clear through you, but I have the Blood of Christ to testify against your words. You cannot bring any charge against me. I was bought with the Blood of the Lamb.

Fourthly, it is no concern of yours whether or not my tattoo goes against the teachings of a Messiah you consider false. As far as you are concerned He was a charlatan. You and many like you hate Him. That said, keep your nose out of affairs that do not concern you. Considering you could care less about Jesus, this clearly doesn't concern you.

It has been my experience that projection is the best self-defence mechanism. You obviously feel threatened that I would have such love and devotion for Someone you hate; so you project what you see in your own self on to me. That's okay though. I'm used to it and now it only serves to bring me closer to Him. For He is the source of all Truth and I am safe within His loving embrace. He feeds Me with His own Flesh and Blood, that I may abide in Him and He in me. We become one flesh each time I receive Him in Holy Communion, and that is something that your nasty, spiteful words can NEVER take away from me.

Pax Christi,

Little Flower
Little Flower

Postby Jerry » July 29th, 2005, 1:47 am

I don't see why you would be so concerned about whether or not my tattoo goes against the teachings of a Messiah you consider false. It should be neither here nor there.

Your hypocrisy flows like water and is abhorrent. I am sure the Pope, Cardinal etc, would find your picking and choosing of what parts of the Old Testament to follow to be PURE unadulterated hypocricy. Just because I point out what YOUR OWN faith preaches does not make me the authority (or the scruitinizer) - but merely the messenger. Direct all the anger you want at me, it is meaningless. It will not absolve you of the guilt of cherry picking which parts of "God's Word" to follow.

You are obviously just a weak minded youth in her late twenties who has learned to lie to themselves to get their own way with playthings.

to thine own self be true

try it.

God does not want you picking and choosing which portions of His moral code to follow. Either follow it, not follow it. or by the hypocrite that your Messiah chastised. Which one are you? - so far it is obvious.
Jerry

Next

Return to Religious Liberty Forum