« Back to RenewAmerica

30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Religious freedom updates and discussion

30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby philosophicallyfrank » March 11th, 2017, 8:59 pm

It seems that back in the 1980s some guy had a premonition that a President Donald Trump would lead America back to God. If it turns out to be accurate; it would be astonishing to say the least. A link to the story: https://www.romancatholicman.com/hermit ... ent-trump/
philosophicallyfrank
 
Posts: 54
Joined: September 20th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 12th, 2017, 5:35 pm

I didn't watch but my question is why would a Catholic think that Trump, a non-Catholic, would lead America back to God?
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby philosophicallyfrank » March 13th, 2017, 11:30 pm

The claim is based on a "premonition" which is totally different from an "opinion". If you had taken 10 minutes to read the article and view the video; you would not have had to ask your question; which has nothing to do with the article or the video. Ten minutes is not a burdensome amount of time to be informed and ask relevant questions.
philosophicallyfrank
 
Posts: 54
Joined: September 20th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm

philosophicallyfrank wrote:The claim is based on a "premonition" which is totally different from an "opinion". If you had taken 10 minutes to read the article and view the video; you would not have had to ask your question; which has nothing to do with the article or the video. Ten minutes is not a burdensome amount of time to be informed and ask relevant questions.


I don't believe the premonition then.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 14th, 2017, 1:30 pm

I watched some of the video. Seemed a bit farfetched to me. Angels transporting a house and all. The article isn't really an article, it just sucked at preparing you for what you were going to waste over 8 minutes watching.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby philosophicallyfrank » March 14th, 2017, 7:53 pm

You say with one breath that you don't believe in premonitions and then spout one, yourself. We won't know whether watching it was a waste or not until Trump is out of office. If the country has been returned to involving God; then it won't have been a waste; if the reverse is true; then it will have been a curiosity and would have been of little import. However, the amount of idiocy that we Americans have wasted our time on over the last half century is of far more consequential harm. Your retort demonstrates that you have a very high regard for yourself and you're probably one of a very few who do.
philosophicallyfrank
 
Posts: 54
Joined: September 20th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 15th, 2017, 12:14 am

philosophicallyfrank wrote:You say with one breath that you don't believe in premonitions and then spout one, yourself. We won't know whether watching it was a waste or not until Trump is out of office. If the country has been returned to involving God; then it won't have been a waste; if the reverse is true; then it will have been a curiosity and would have been of little import. However, the amount of idiocy that we Americans have wasted our time on over the last half century is of far more consequential harm. Your retort demonstrates that you have a very high regard for yourself and you're probably one of a very few who do.


I never said I don't believe in premonitions. I said I don't believe the one that you posted. I believe in signs. For instance, the Jesus is My Superhero thread in the News forum. Or when I decided to visit my Aunt Kay one day out of the blue with my grandmother who has dementia. This is a good story if you believe in signs. Okay, here it goes. I decided after a long time of not visiting my great Aunt Kay, because she's an ignorant Catholic, that I would take my grandmother with dementia to go see her. Her door was locked. When I knocked she answered but she was having some type of seizures at the time and was in some type of comatose, unresponsive state. I had to call 9-1-1 and saved her life. My aunt's a Catholic, might I remind you. She got saved by someone who is not Catholic. Funny story but true.

Also, I'm not sure why we have to wait for Trump to leave office for this premonition to come true. Hasn't it already been fulfilled according to that Father who made the video?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the article which is a paragraph long:

Just posted to YouTube yesterday, Father Giacomo Capoverdi shares a fascinating story of his encounter with the Hermit of Loreto (the author of the Pieta Prayer Book), at the site of the Holy House of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Exterior and interior shown in this article’s photo). In this video, Father Capoverdi shares an amazing premonition this Hermit of Loreto had all the way back in the 1980s about Donald J. Trump. Please watch as Father shares this incredible story.


This is all that comes up in the link you posted besides the video which is slightly over 8 minutes long. There's not much to be said about God and Donald Trump because Trump doesn't talk religion he talks business and politics.

Hold on, let me look up retort for a second just so I know what you may have been referring to, okay?

re·tort1

1.say something in answer to a remark or accusation, typically in a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive manner:

"“No need to be rude,” retorted Isabel" ·
[more]

synonyms: answer · reply · respond · say in response · return ·
[more]


I don't think I was being sharp, angry, nor did I say that I don't believe the premonition in a wittily incisive manner.

All I said was I don't believe the premonition then. I could've gone further with this. I don't believe Donald Trump was chosen by God to lead America back to Him. The Simpsons supposedly predicted Trump would be president in one of its shows in 2000 (debunked) but I stopped watching the show in the 90s so I could care less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACLVmB_kFg

What I'm saying is God doesn't speak to me through Donald Trump. He's not a prophet. He's a businessman gone politician. He demoted himself, in my humble opinion, when he took office. How? Well, everyone will find out eventually how puppets on strings work. Donald Trump has a very high regard for himself. Not too many people have it higher than him at this time. Maybe for the exception of a few insane leaders throughout the unfree world. I tend to humble myself at times. I would be lying or very ignorant if I said I don't have a great deal of self-respect, though. A man who constantly puts himself down or who has self-doubts usually ends up losing his arguments with himself. Those arguments usually involve his ability to succeed at any given task. I'm not one to give up so easily nor am I one to argue with myself. I take meds for both. :wink: :lol: :cool:
Last edited by Aaron Glatz on March 15th, 2017, 4:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 15th, 2017, 1:37 am

Plus, phony premonitions can sometimes make people overthink things. Just saying... :roll: :?: :idea: :think: :???:
Last edited by Aaron Glatz on March 15th, 2017, 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » March 15th, 2017, 2:44 am

If this quote (below) is from Tom Zimmer then where does that leave Donald J. Trump?

"Priests are not only the most important people, they're the only important people, because they have the keys for us to enter eternal life." Tom Zimmer

The eight minute video also didn't mention anything about Mr. Zimmer's stance on alcohol or drug use but he may have thought it a sin according to one of my sources. I don't agree with him on much.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby philosophicallyfrank » April 28th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Aaron Glatz wrote:
philosophicallyfrank wrote:You say with one breath that you don't believe in premonitions and then spout one, yourself. We won't know whether watching it was a waste or not until Trump is out of office. If the country has been returned to involving God; then it won't have been a waste; if the reverse is true; then it will have been a curiosity and would have been of little import. However, the amount of idiocy that we Americans have wasted our time on over the last half century is of far more consequential harm. Your retort demonstrates that you have a very high regard for yourself and you're probably one of a very few who do.


I never said I don't believe in premonitions. I said I don't believe the one that you posted. I believe in signs. For instance, the Jesus is My Superhero thread in the News forum. Or when I decided to visit my Aunt Kay one day out of the blue with my grandmother who has dementia. This is a good story if you believe in signs. Okay, here it goes. I decided after a long time of not visiting my great Aunt Kay, because she's an ignorant Catholic, that I would take my grandmother with dementia to go see her. Her door was locked. When I knocked she answered but she was having some type of seizures at the time and was in some type of comatose, unresponsive state. I had to call 9-1-1 and saved her life. My aunt's a Catholic, might I remind you. She got saved by someone who is not Catholic. Funny story but true.

Also, I'm not sure why we have to wait for Trump to leave office for this premonition to come true. Hasn't it already been fulfilled according to that Father who made the video?

If I'm not mistaken, this is the article which is a paragraph long:

Just posted to YouTube yesterday, Father Giacomo Capoverdi shares a fascinating story of his encounter with the Hermit of Loreto (the author of the Pieta Prayer Book), at the site of the Holy House of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Exterior and interior shown in this article’s photo). In this video, Father Capoverdi shares an amazing premonition this Hermit of Loreto had all the way back in the 1980s about Donald J. Trump. Please watch as Father shares this incredible story.


This is all that comes up in the link you posted besides the video which is slightly over 8 minutes long. There's not much to be said about God and Donald Trump because Trump doesn't talk religion he talks business and politics.

Hold on, let me look up retort for a second just so I know what you may have been referring to, okay?

re·tort1

1.say something in answer to a remark or accusation, typically in a sharp, angry, or wittily incisive manner:

"“No need to be rude,” retorted Isabel" ·
[more]

synonyms: answer · reply · respond · say in response · return ·
[more]


I don't think I was being sharp, angry, nor did I say that I don't believe the premonition in a wittily incisive manner.

All I said was I don't believe the premonition then. I could've gone further with this. I don't believe Donald Trump was chosen by God to lead America back to Him. The Simpsons supposedly predicted Trump would be president in one of its shows in 2000 (debunked) but I stopped watching the show in the 90s so I could care less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACLVmB_kFg

What I'm saying is God doesn't speak to me through Donald Trump. He's not a prophet. He's a businessman gone politician. He demoted himself, in my humble opinion, when he took office. How? Well, everyone will find out eventually how puppets on strings work. Donald Trump has a very high regard for himself. Not too many people have it higher than him at this time. Maybe for the exception of a few insane leaders throughout the unfree world. I tend to humble myself at times. I would be lying or very ignorant if I said I don't have a great deal of self-respect, though. A man who constantly puts himself down or who has self-doubts usually ends up losing his arguments with himself. Those arguments usually involve his ability to succeed at any given task. I'm not one to give up so easily nor am I one to argue with myself. I take meds for both. :wink: :lol: :cool:


I posted it as an interesting item; not that it had to be believed. Only time will demonstrate whether it turns out to be true or not.
philosophicallyfrank
 
Posts: 54
Joined: September 20th, 2007, 11:56 pm

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Aaron Glatz » May 8th, 2017, 7:59 pm

I posted it as an interesting item; not that it had to be believed. Only time will demonstrate whether it turns out to be true or not.


It's no more interesting than predictions from that guy in the videos I posted for you. I don't think it's true because a lot of people are not attending church still to this day. We might have faith but it's not taken to a church where things can get twisted. Some might even suggest that Trump will turn us away from God. He seems to be the type of person who yearns for SAVIOR status.
"Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore." Unknown
User avatar
Aaron Glatz
 
Posts: 305
Joined: November 2nd, 2016, 6:53 pm
Location: ReJewAmerica

Re: 30 Years Ago: The Hermit of Loreto; God & Donald Trump

Postby Deplorable MEh » June 13th, 2017, 12:21 am

Aaron Glatz wrote:
I posted it as an interesting item; not that it had to be believed. Only time will demonstrate whether it turns out to be true or not.


It's no more interesting than predictions from that guy in the videos I posted for you. I don't think it's true because a lot of people are not attending church still to this day. We might have faith but it's not taken to a church where things can get twisted. Some might even suggest that Trump will turn us away from God. He seems to be the type of person who yearns for SAVIOR status.


I don't know who you think you are but philfrank is right, we shall wait and see. Trump said, "In America we don't worship government, we worship God." That's good enough for me. :grin:
Playing it by ear...

"Anybody not willing to accept the results of an election is a threat to democracy." -Hillary Clinton
Deplorable MEh
 
Posts: 139
Joined: June 11th, 2017, 7:38 pm


Return to Religious Liberty Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron