« Back to RenewAmerica

The Theory of Evolution

Philosophy and discussion

Re: The Theory of Evolution

Postby Intelligent Design » January 31st, 2012, 6:06 pm

Nature is the master of talents; genius is the master of nature.
~J. G. Holland

"Work and wait", "work and wait" is what God says to us in creation.
~J. G. Holland
The Constitution is controled anarchy, just barely, as was the intent of our Founders.

You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body.C.S. Lewis

Statutum tempus Lex of Deus est a Donum. Donum attero nisi a speculum of lex of Deus, in terra
Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 6th, 2012, 1:57 am

“I know that human existence is seen by some as an accident, the product of blindly churning natural forces, an unguided process without direction or meaning. That viewpoint can leave people without a guiding compass. The Sabbath, in contrast, offers a way to help us focus with hope on eternal truths and values.”

— Senator Joseph Lieberman with Discovery Institute Senior Fellow David Klinghoffer, writing in the new book The Gift of Rest
The Constitution is controled anarchy, just barely, as was the intent of our Founders.

Statutum tempus Lex of Deus est a Donum. Donum attero nisi a speculum of lex of Deus, in terra
Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 9th, 2012, 3:13 pm

“All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.”
~Albert Einstein

Intelligent Design

Postby Aaron G » February 21st, 2012, 8:07 pm

According to Antique Road Show, a rare Charles Darwin book is worth close to $200,000. I wonder what a Jules Verne book is worth. Never read either of their works but I'd choose Verne to read over Darwin any day.
"When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear." -- Thomas Sowell
Aaron G

Postby Intelligent Design » February 21st, 2012, 8:37 pm

Aaron G wrote:According to Antique Road Show, a rare Charles Darwin book is worth close to $200,000. I wonder what a Jules Verne book is worth. Never read either of their works but I'd choose Verne to read over Darwin any day.

I have read all of Jules Verne. 20,000 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was one of his best. As a Sci Fi person myself I have read them and looked around and seen that in a way he was prophet,--little "p", of what was to come. Many people who can think ahead of their time have written about things that will happen--later. I have no idea what a first print of Verne would cost?

Nothing wrong with Darwin either. God just helped out along the way with Evolution. Perhaps he should have given MORE credit were credit is due. He did believe in God. It is what was done with his work after that lead to Secular Humanism.

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 23rd, 2012, 2:36 pm

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 27th, 2012, 2:08 am

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » February 28th, 2012, 1:32 pm

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » March 1st, 2012, 3:14 pm

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » March 4th, 2012, 12:53 am

A.We exist.

B.It is possible for us to not exist?

C.Whatever has the possibility of not being, yet is, has been caused to be.

1.We cannot bring ourself into existence, since we must exist to bring ourself to be, which is illogical.

D.There cannot be an infinite number of causes to bring life into existence. There must be Design

1. An infinite regression of causes ultimately has no initial cause, which means there is no cause of existence and or Design.

2. Since the we exists, we must have been caused, this denotes Intelligence and Design.

E.Therefore, there must be an uncaused cause of us and all we see around us.

F.The uncaused cause must be God.

This is called The Cosmological Argument. St. Thomas Aquinas (1224-1274) had a version of the argument called the Argument from Motion. He said that things in motion could not have brought themselves into motion but must be caused to move. There cannot be an infinite regression of movers. Therefore, there must be an Unmoved Mover. This Unmoved Mover is God.

God by definition--God is uncaused.

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » March 9th, 2012, 2:49 am

Back a few pages in this thread I said that I believed the Universe was alittle older then 14.3 billion years. I knew that we couldn't see beyond the cosmic microwave background CMB radiation also called CMBR, CBR, MBR, and relic radiation. <---just in case someone has a problem with my wording. :grin: This is true, we can't beyond.

But being that we can't see beyond is no reason to think that we can't theoize that there is something. In doing so I might step on a few peoples pet theories, toes, pride. But then again, who cares? Im just a space janitor anyhow. :eh: Any how, an event like Fat Boy or Skiny Man and indeed fusion weapons make two Gamma-ray bursts. And even the death of a star operates in much the same way as far as the gamma bursts. Even in the making of a blackhole we see two of them bursts.

Would not we get three with the quote below? :think:

Whackypedia wrote:Basic principleThe basic principle of the Teller–Ulam configuration is the idea that different parts of a thermonuclear weapon can be chained together in "stages", with the detonation of each stage providing the energy to ignite the next stage. At a bare minimum, this implies a primary section which consists of a fission bomb (a "trigger"), and a secondary section which consists of fusion fuel. The energy released by the primary compresses the secondary through a process called "radiation implosion", at which point it is heated and undergoes nuclear fusion. Because of the staged design, it is thought that a tertiary section, again of fusion fuel, could be added as well, based on the same principle as the secondary; the AN602 "Tsar Bomba" is thought to have been a three-stage device.

Just sayin...

More then what we see in nature, indeed. However if we can thunk it you bet the Maker has long before us.

I can think of at least 6 theories that would object to this line of thought. :whistle: :lol:

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » March 9th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Intelligent Design

Postby Intelligent Design » March 10th, 2012, 2:13 am

Intelligent Design

Postby slegrand » March 11th, 2012, 8:23 pm

It appears that this thread (all 45 pages) started by confusing abiogenesis with evolution. They are two different concepts though a lot of folks confuse them. The theory of evolution does not technically address the act of genesis.
slegrand

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas