« Back to RenewAmerica

Parallels between America and Ancient Rome

Philosophy and discussion

Postby Ed » March 4th, 2007, 11:46 am

Rome ultimately fell due to the corrupt morality plus too much inflennce from outsiders who would not give up their own customs and language. I fear the US is at that stage right now. Morally corrupt, illegals draining the social welfare system, some LEGAL immigrants plotting jihad. A big difference is the Roman Empire lasted almost a millenium(curious,a Latin word for 1000!) and I don't think the US empire will last 1/4 of that unless major changes are made :!:
Ed

Postby KrisW » March 4th, 2007, 12:17 pm

You sound alot like Nathan Bedford Forrest, Ed.
KrisW

Postby Ed » March 4th, 2007, 10:19 pm

Good or bad? I guess it just depends on which side of the mason-dixon line you live! I do agree that when our ancestors conquered N America, they did some shameful things to the native Americans like slaughtering women and children, dreadful conditions at the reservations, and slaughter of the buffalos for no reason. The buffalos were sacred to the native americans in that they were very dependent on them for food and clothing. This wanton slaughter was very degrading in that the tribes admitted they would not be upset if the white man used them for food,but the carcusses were just left to rot! The Conquestadors did the same thing in S America three centuries earlier with the wanton slaughter of vicunas and alpacas, animals sacred to the Incas. I guess there is a little barbarian in everyone, the Romans were not actually looked as liberators in their conquests with their brutality!
Ed

Postby kerwin » March 5th, 2007, 12:17 am

Ed wrote:I do agree that when our ancestors conquered N America, they did some shameful things to the native Americans like slaughtering women and children, dreadful conditions at the reservations, and slaughter of the buffaloes for no reason.

Some of that was a two way street as Indians were known to enslave, torture, slaughter, etc. They did that to Blacks, Whites, Indians, and anyone else they came into contact with. There were some peaceful tribes.
Kerwin

To continue the fight to insure the blessing of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ourselves and our children yet unborn is the mark of a true American Patriot.
kerwin

Postby KrisW » March 5th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Nathan Bedford Forrest founded the KKK.
KrisW

Postby Ed » March 5th, 2007, 6:54 pm

To political lefties,ultra-rities do seem like KKK. The only time I've worn a sheet is when a kid as a ghost at Halloween and I never can remember burning a cross. I never lynched a black person (or gay) nor dragged any behind my car. They kicked me out of KKK for the above reasons.
Ed

Postby kerwin » March 5th, 2007, 7:31 pm

Ed wrote:To political lefties,ultra-rities do seem like KKK. The only time I've worn a sheet is when a kid as a ghost at Halloween and I never can remember burning a cross. I never lynched a black person (or gay) nor dragged any behind my car. They kicked me out of KKK for the above reasons.

From what I have heard a lot of those are even extreme action for the KKK.
Kerwin

To continue the fight to insure the blessing of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ourselves and our children yet unborn is the mark of a true American Patriot.
kerwin

Postby KrisW » March 5th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Ed wrote:To political lefties,ultra-rities do seem like KKK.

ANYONE that acts bigoted could sound like a member of the KKK.

Just like that Amanda Marcotte twit who called ALL Catholics M*****F**ers.
KrisW

Postby lanienus » March 5th, 2007, 8:02 pm

KrisW wrote:
Ed wrote:To political lefties,ultra-rities do seem like KKK.

ANYONE that acts bigoted could sound like a member of the KKK.

Just like that Amanda Marcotte twit who called ALL Catholics M*****F**ers.

Or Ann Coulter with her comments.
lanienus

Postby KrisW » March 5th, 2007, 8:08 pm

Why didn't Amanda Marcotte have to go to rehab for her remarks?????
KrisW

Postby davehines » August 17th, 2007, 12:39 pm

17. Both adulterated their currency as an alternative to fiscal responsibility.

18. Both instituted wage and price controls as means of restoring faith in valueless money.

19. Both accepted border incursions as a way of life, granting amnesty/foederati status to violators.
davehines

Postby specter » August 17th, 2007, 4:45 pm

and slaughter of the buffalos for no reason. The buffalos were sacred to the native americans in that they were very dependent on them for food and clothing.

Is that why the American Indian drove entire herds off cliffs and used what they could and let the rest rot where they fell to their deaths

They were hardly as "noble" as the anti-white media makes them out to be.

The fact is, God removed them from the land and gave it to the Children of Israel (the Tribe of Joseph) in fulfillment of His promises to Abraham and Moses.
specter

Postby lanienus » August 17th, 2007, 6:05 pm

specter wrote:
and slaughter of the buffalos for no reason. The buffalos were sacred to the native americans in that they were very dependent on them for food and clothing.

Is that why the American Indian drove entire herds off cliffs and used what they could and let the rest rot where they fell to their deaths

The fact is, God removed them from the land and gave it to the Children of Israel (the Tribe of Joseph) in fulfillment of His promises to Abraham and Moses.

So " Dances with Wolves" is not accurate?
lanienus

Postby davehines » August 21st, 2007, 8:26 pm

lanienus wrote:
specter wrote:So " Dances with Wolves" is not accurate?

Technology had changed. The introduction of the horse (or perhaps reintroduction, since archaeoligists say the native American horse was hunted to extinction millennia ago) gave an advantage. Theretofore, it was much more dangerous to hunt the huge beasts at close range.

The few centuries of the Plains horse cultures was an evolution of earlier cultures. They could rely upon the bison for food because the horse gave greater range for hunting.
davehines

Postby Confused » August 21st, 2007, 8:53 pm

specter wrote:

This is absolutely and completely nothing but REVISIONIST HISTORY. A trip through the history books will easily prove my point. Follow that up with a trip through Martin's Kingdom of the Cults for a nice FACTUAL overview of YOUR HISTORY and we will have all we need to evaluate you are your motives. I am tired of listening to this junk day after day after day.

Your ONLY purpose is to make native Americans look like inhuman animals. You use these same tactics every single day in here to degrade and demean blacks, hispanics, arabs and Muslims, Native Americans and every other ethnic group and religious culture that isn't lilly white Anglo Christian like you. That disgusts me completely.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE QUIET. You continue to spew your racism and outright fables in here and it makes the world a worse place. I am sorry if Nan finds this upsetting and I APOLOGIZE if it offends her, but there is absolutely no denying it -- you are an evil RACIST, pure and simple. Please go away and take your sick ideology and your false religious cult with you.

Nan, you are free to delete this if you feel it is inappropriate, if if you do, I would hope that you would have a word with Specter. He serves no purpose here other than provoking this. I have invited him to my forum several times with the understanding that I would never censor or delete any of his posts, but he is too big of a fraidy-cat to take me up on the offer, which should show his TRUE INTENT as nothing but an inciter out to get attention.
I am a warrior of peace. My weapon is an olive branch.

-- Me
Confused

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas