« Back to RenewAmerica

Ukrainian Orthodox Cult

Religious freedom updates and discussion

Re: Ukrainian Orthodox Cult

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 13th, 2019, 11:28 pm

I don't have any authority in relation to the Catholic Church to call anything, anything. I use the language of the Church which goes back almost 2,000 years. And forgive me; but how you define anything Catholic is going to be biased based on what you choose to think. In a discussion seeking truth; it necessitates you're, at least, attempting to use terms that are relevant to the discussion. The Catholic Church is the only Church that "can" trace it's origins to Jesus, Himself. The Orthodox were also; but broke with the Church over 1,000 years ago and have devolved into a number of churches with no single leader and are still devolving into additional variations. As for the Protestant churches. at an estimated 50,000 denominations and sects (and no Protestant leader disputes that estimate), they have become not only a joke; but have become "DIY" or (do it yourself) Christianity. One can believe whatever they want and reject whatever they want regarding Jesus and what He taught. God created them with "free will" and they can believe what they want; but, to reject or ignore what Jesus taught is not going to gain them any favor with Him. Having said that; there are too many Catholics who over the last 50 years have been mis-led by the hierarchy or themselves rejected those same teachings and will suffer the same eternal fate as the Protestants. As for myself, I'm no saint by a long shot and I need to do more work getting myself where I need to be.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » July 14th, 2019, 8:01 am

Some of the Catholic church's traditions, rituals and beliefs became obsolete or so unpopular that they had to be changed. Cremation is more popular amongst Catholics now. Years ago unbaptized, dead babies went to hell. Not every Catholic is devout so I do admit it's hard to tell them apart. My best friend in high school was Catholic and wasn't afraid to tell me I'm going to hell for not being Catholic. He also wasn't afraid to play with himself in public.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 14th, 2019, 10:46 am

Your friend is correct; however, as I said in my previous comments; there are a lot of people who claim to be Catholic; but are Catholic "in name only" and they will be in a deeper area of Hell then will Protestants. If people being "Good" was all that was required to be rewarded with Heaven; then the Church would not be needed and Jesus would not have felt that He needed to go thru His passion and crucifixion. He did that and came to teach people "specifically" what was required of them and started "His" Church for them to be properly guided by it. So. with that in mind, it is obviously not a good idea to ignore that Church. That does not mean that the members of that Church are not sinners and constantly need to fight temptations. We are all susceptible to fall to temptations.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » July 14th, 2019, 12:09 pm

The Bible doesn't say anything about Protestants going to hell. I don't know if it has the word Catholicism in it. Pretty sure Jesus taught outdoors a lot. No need for a church.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » July 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm

I find it odd that the word "Catholic" is Greek not Latin. Jesus spoke neither languages.
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » July 14th, 2019, 1:36 pm

If my Catholic "friend" from high school was correct then I guess Yawn is going to hell too. See you in hell, Yawn!
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 15th, 2019, 11:45 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 15th, 2019, 11:46 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 15th, 2019, 11:52 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 15th, 2019, 11:57 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 15th, 2019, 12:00 pm

I asked you earlier whether you believed in "Sola Scriptura" and you haven't answered as of yet.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Truthismymiddlename » July 15th, 2019, 1:14 pm

Last edited by Truthismymiddlename on July 17th, 2019, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truthismymiddlename

Postby Deplorable MEh » July 15th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 16th, 2019, 9:28 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » July 16th, 2019, 9:36 am

philosophicallyfrank

PreviousNext

Return to Religious Liberty Forum