« Back to RenewAmerica

Hard Pills To Swallow

Wide-open discussion

Hard Pills To Swallow

Postby Deplorable MEh » August 22nd, 2019, 12:38 am

I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Re: Hard Pills To Swallow

Postby philosophicallyfrank » September 7th, 2019, 8:08 pm

My late wife was a paranoid schizophrenic and it is not something to joke about. In almost every case these mass shooters are individuals with mental problems; generally schizophrenics. About a week after the shootings; there will be a small article in the newspapers on a back page revealing their mental problems. It was the Democrats who years ago emptied the insane asylums; which were horrendous places to be placed in. They should have them decent places for people instead of emptying them.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » September 8th, 2019, 8:42 pm

I wasn't joking. You delayed my departure with your shitposts. Congrats. This poem is about everything that is wrong with society and how people like you deal with mental illness. Insane asylums were torture chambers. Unfortunately, psych wards haven't made much progress. People are dumped in places that don't have their best interests in mind. Pills are forced on people. Pills that cause suicidal and homicidal actions. Pills that caused mass shootings.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » September 20th, 2019, 11:59 pm

It would be much better if facilities to house those with mental problems when they have no one else to help them would be built to a standard of living that would really being caring for them. No question that the old "insane asylums" were horrific institutions. If those people with mental problems were taken off the streets and cared for in respectful home like facilities there would be very few mass shootings.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » September 22nd, 2019, 8:56 pm

Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » October 1st, 2019, 2:41 pm

Actually, "some" do; but, I agree with you that as a s. As a society; there is too much reliance on "pills". As I said previously, there are some people who need to be in "decent" institutions with decent and proper medical care and society should support those institutions for those who can not afford them. A lot of (but not all) the homeless living on the streets around the country are people with mental problems and some are military vets;there is no excuse in this country for "any"body to have to be living on the streets. The able bodied should be given whatever assistance that they need to get them to be able to live on their own. Those elderly or disabled should be given whatever help that they need to be as self-sufficient as they can be.
philosophicallyfrank

Return to Open Forum