« Back to RenewAmerica

Give Tomorrow To God

Wide-open discussion

Give Tomorrow To God

Postby Deplorable MEh » October 27th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Give Tomorrow To God
Postby Deplorable MEh » less than a minute ago

Let every worry melt away. God's got my back or else I wouldn't be here posting.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Re: Give Tomorrow To God

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 16th, 2019, 2:13 pm

We all should do that and the world would be a much better place. However, we need to rediscover the one true religion that Jesus gave us. There are an estimated 40,000 different denominations and sects and the number continues to grow. It's become "DIY" Christianity (do it yourself). We need to return to Jesus' Church and not whatever we want. #1 Corinthians, Ch. 1, vs 10 says the following:
[10] Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no schisms among you; but that you be perfect in the same mind, and in the same judgment.
So there is only one true set of teachings of Jesus and therefore only one true Church that teaches what Jesus told us. We need to quit expanding the number of different churches teaching different things and revert back to the Church that Jesus, Himself, founded with Peter. And the Bible, while being without error, is not the sole source of Jesus' teachings and the Bible says so itself. Check out the last verse of the last chapter of the Gospel of John. "Sola Scriptura" is an erroneous teaching: "Beware of false prophets". Martin Luther was not about starting a new church; but, tried to correct the abuses that existed in the Catholic Church at the time. The Catholic Church has two elements: the divine and the human; the Divine is is what Jesus said that He would protect; while the human is always susceptible to the temptations of Satan. That's why the Church has Confession; since we all will at times fail; but, we can pick ourselves up confess our sins and return to the good graces of Jesus. Why confess our sins before a man; because we have to humble ourselves in asking Jesus to forgive us our sins thru another man. Jesus humbled Himself when He went thru His passion and crucifixion for us. It's not asking too much for us to humble ourselves when asking forgiveness of Him. Twice Jesus said that He would protect His Church: Matt, Ch. 16 vs 18 and Matt. Ch. 28 vs 20 and a third time: John Ch. 14 vs 16. Anyone who "claims" to believe in the Bible has to turn to the one true Church that Jesus, Himself, founded. Jesus has never returned to found another church; all of the other so-called Christian churches were founded by men and women not Jesus. Having a "personal relationship" with Jesus can only be achieved by belonging to His Church. One can not pick out one item in the Bible and reject another part. Everything in the Bible has to be taken in the context of the entire Bible. There are no conflicts within the Bible. Your salvation comes only thru His Church.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 18th, 2019, 12:19 am

P.frank, you just said Jesus' Church again as if the Catholic church is God's gift to man. Satan founded your church. It's foundation was built on false teachings and traditions. The Word of God cannot be heard in your church. End of discussion.
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 18th, 2019, 12:37 am

A: You cannot buy your way into heaven and have status in heaven. B: Good deeds will not get you into heaven C: Pagan traditions will send you to hell. D: Getting drunk in church is ungodly. E: Worshiping mother Mary is blasphemy and idolatry F: statues and paintings in church are blasphemous and idolatrous as well G: Saints don't exist H: The Pope is not God I: Confess your sins to God not a priest. J: Reciting the rosary is meaningless K: Heretics reformed your church and gave you the opportunity to adhere to the 5 Solas, which will save your heathenous soul. Luther came up with the 95 Theses. Read it and weep because it marks the end of your church's savagery against true Christians.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 19th, 2019, 1:58 am

philosophicallyfrank

Return to Open Forum