« Back to RenewAmerica

Ukrainian Orthodox Cult

Religious freedom updates and discussion

Re: Ukrainian Orthodox Cult

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 18th, 2019, 12:49 am

If there's only one true catholic church then why do so many catholics hate their pope and why is there talks of a schism?
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 18th, 2019, 12:51 am

Martin Luther was deemed a heretic because he opposed corruption and false teachings. What is so wrong with that?
I'm the controller of my destiny. I'm the master of my fate. I will fight with words all tyranny. I will guard against the state.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 19th, 2019, 2:13 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 19th, 2019, 2:16 am

philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 26th, 2019, 7:33 am

Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 26th, 2019, 8:12 am

Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 27th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Initially Luther believed that he was simply trying to correct errors of the time and that would have been fine; but, he went further into Church teachings that were not different from previous times and that was his downfall. He realized that he had gone too far when the likes of Zwingli, Calvin, Knox and others started to split-off from him. He did not repent of his excesses and was deemed a heretic. If he had stayed with his appropriate claims; all would have been fine and he might today be a Saint.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 28th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 29th, 2019, 1:05 am

Anabaptists were heretics, too. P.frank, everyone hated the Amish because they believed in a second, adult baptism. But Jesus would be more in agreement with adult baptism.
Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » December 31st, 2019, 6:48 pm

It's really not rocket science. "IF" you believe that Jesus is who He admitted to being in Matt. Ch. 16 vs 16 - 18; that He is the Son of the Living God; then it is impossible to believe that His Church could not and would not, for all time, be true to His teachings. Jesus could not lie, mis-lead, not understand His mission; so His Church will continue for all time; however, that doesn't mean that the human members of His Church can't and don't do wrong. Unlike Him; we are not divine and far from perfect.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » December 31st, 2019, 9:28 pm

Deplorable MEh

Postby philosophicallyfrank » January 11th, 2020, 2:07 am

The various Pagan religions had never promoted the ideas that Jesus taught and since most people of that time couldn't read; at times Parables better described the point/s that Jesus was making and those Parables are still serving their purpose.
philosophicallyfrank

Postby Deplorable MEh » January 11th, 2020, 7:54 pm

If Catholicism wasn't pagan from the onset then it became pagan over time. Do catholics believe in magic? Exorcism seems to have magical implementation.
Deplorable MEh

Postby Deplorable MEh » January 26th, 2020, 8:35 am

Deplorable MEh

Previous

Return to Religious Liberty Forum