Majority Senate Leader, Chuck Schumer D-NY, is once again supporting passage of the "Amnesty Plus" legislation in Congress. (The bill was previously voted down in 2007 and 2014). Passage of this bill would essentially grant amnesty to illegal aliens who are presently living in our country. It would provide full U.S. citizenship and government support to millions of aliens who are presently in this country illegally. This Democrat bill, if approved, would also:
- Make it “easier for new immigrants to pour across our southern border” in the future.
- Allow former illegal aliens to apply for taxpayer supported federal benefits
- Very well force the federal government to remove the border wall along the Mexican-American border & would weaken the enforcement of our border patrol
- Make it much more difficult for the Border Patrol to fight criminals who use the border passage to bring in illegal drugs into our country
- Encourage foreign criminals to enter our borders which would further increase the rise of crime in our country.
What most people don’t realize is with the passage of this bill, there will be more pressure on the federal government to provide financial support for these new citizens. Already our national debt is over $31.4 trillion dollars. Just paying the interest ALONE on this debt is costing our government over $700 billion dollars a year. This represents close to 16% of the annual federal income. Obviously such tremendous debt will endanger future generations as well.
If you are concerned about the well-being of our country, may I suggest contacting the U.S. Border Security Council and sign their initiative that opposes Amnesty Plus. You can contact them by going to their website: www.USBorderSecurity.com or call them at their office telephone (571) 425-4162.They (the U.S. Border Security) will then pass on your concern to our federal government representatives … which is needed more than ever, at this time.© James Lambert
The views expressed by RenewAmerica columnists are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of RenewAmerica or its affiliates.