Eamonn Keane column
Eamonn Keane is married with five children. He studied Commerce and Education at the National University of Ireland and Religious Education at the Catholic Teachers Training College in Sydney, Australia. He currently serves as Head of Social Science at Sydney's Redfield College.
- Understanding Globalisation, Catholic Adult Education Centre, Sydney, January 2010.
- 'Dignitas Personae': Pro-Life and Pro-Science, RenewAmerica, March 12, 2009
"What Makes Us Catholic?" Promoting Thomas Groome's Errors in the Archdiocese of Armagh and Beyond, RenewAmerica and CatholicCulture.org, December 2008.
- Crisis in Religious Education.Association for the Renewal of Religious Education, Sydney, 2003.
- A Generation Betrayed: Deconstructing Catholic Education in the English-Speaking World:Preface by Bishop Fabian Bruskewitz, foreword by Donna Steichen, introduction by Monsignor Michael J. Wrenn. Hatherleigh Press, New York, 2002.
- The Brave New World of Therapeutic Cloning:Preface by Lord David Alton. Population and Environment Research Institute Inc. Australia, 2002.
- Humanae Vitae: Wisdom For All Ages.Foreword by Fr. Paul Marx, O.S.B. Human Life International, Australia, July 1998.
- The Ordained Priesthood: The Real Issues!Foreword by Fr Matthew Habiger, O.S.B, PhD. Human Life International, Australia, 1996.
- Population Control:Launched by the late Cardinal Lopez Trujillo who at the time was President of the Pontifical Council for the Family, 1993.
- Population and Development:Foreword by Bishop George Pell. Human Life International Australia, 1993.
January 31, 2013
Since April 2012, Irish Redemptorist priest, Fr. Tony Flannery, has been at the centre of a controversy over questions of Catholic doctrine that has gained . . .
April 10, 2012
(This is a more comprehensive version of an article that first appeared in the Jan-Feb 2012 edition of FLI Australia's LifeLines and in the March 2012 edition . . .
October 10, 2011
(This is an expanded version of an article I authored titled 'The Greens' assault on human life and freedom' that was published in the October 1, 2011 edition . . .
July 24, 2011
In my February 27, 2011 column titled The Priesthood, I published an article by Australian theologian, Fr Peter Joseph, which provided a summary of what the . . .
July 21, 2011
Western Civilization owes much of its great achievements to three pillars upon which it was built. These pillars are: i) The great Greek philosophers such as . . .
March 8, 2011
Legislators are called to make laws regulating the rights and duties of citizens for the sake of the common good. To this end they must seek to foster . . .
February 27, 2011
(Introductory note by Eamonn Keane) As widely reported in the media, 144 Catholic theologians from Germany, Austria and Switzerland published an open letter . . .
November 27, 2010
Erroneous interpretations of Pope Benedict XVI's comments on condoms in his book-length interview titled Light of the World with German journalist Peter Seewald . . .
November 11, 2010
The so-called science of eugenics refers to the application of animal breeding techniques to control human population in order to raise its quality. Eugenicists . . .
September 24, 2010
In terms of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and relating it to the critical questions and concerns of our time, Pope Benedict XVI's recent trip to . . .
July 19, 2010
A characteristic mark of a society drifting towards totalitarianism is that its political, economic and cultural elites wield power so as to suppress . . .
June 20, 2010
(Introductory note by Eamonn Keane) Often the Catholic Church's teaching on moral questions is misrepresented in the media. At times this can be due to . . .
June 1, 2010
The following essay is a revised and extended version of an article I authored titled Understanding Globalization that was published as INFORM 124: Faith & Life . . .
May 26, 2010
(Introductory note by Eamonn Keane) I have been teaching in Catholic high schools in Ireland, New Zealand and Australia since 1976. Over that period I have . . .
May 24, 2010
Taking recent rioting in Greece as my starting point, in this essay I argue that Western nations are in terminal decline unless they can rediscover the true . . .
From the personhood of animals to infanticide and bestiality: the ethical relativism of Peter Singer
May 18, 2010
Introduction I was reworking an essay I had published in Australia some years ago on Peter Singer's ethical relativism when there arrived Matt Abbott's . . .
May 17, 2010
The actress Raquel Welch stated in an article for CNN on May 10 that the introduction of the contraceptive pill sparked an explosion of sexual promiscuity and . . .
May 12, 2010
In my book A Generation Betrayed (Hatherleigh Press, New York, 2002), I sought to demonstrate how Professor Thomas Groome and Professor Elisabeth Schussler . . .
March 12, 2009
On December 12th 2008, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (CDF) released its Instruction Dignitas Personae: On Certain Bioethical Questions (DP . . .