After all the bitter recriminations that have been fired at Donald Trump (and fallen far short of the mark), it puzzles me that no one has written an expose on the conspicuously criminal network of Hunter Biden associates. They are legion, so let’s take a look.
But first let’s consider the evidence from Hunter Biden’s own writing that he deliberately chose not to register as a foreign agent, as he was legally required to do. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/10/25/how-hunter-biden-attempted-to-avoid-registering-as-a-foreign-agent-n2578746 Paul Manifort was prosecuted for violation of this very same law. https://www.wiley.law/alert-FARA_Alert-Lobbyist_Pleads_Guilty_to_Failing_to_Register_as_a_Foreign_Agent_for_Ukraine Like Hunter Biden (and John Podesta), Manifort had unreported business in Ukraine. But unlike Manifort, Biden and Podesta were never prosecuted.
While we’re at it, I suppose we should also take a cursory look at the information released from last year’s Senate Finance Committee Report on Biden family activities in Ukraine, China etc. https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC_Finance_Report_FINAL.pdf While I realize that garden variety Know Nothings and Trump haters on the left would not ordinarily put much stock in a report from the Republican controlled Senate, I thought even they might consider an exception in this case given that the report corresponds item for item with the information obtained from Hunter Biden’s emails and the documents and statements provided by his former partners. Hunter has also been named (but not charged) in a $43 million fraud scheme against the Oglala Sioux. https://www.stocklaw.com/securities-fraud-blog/2019/july/dunkerley-named-in-43-million-dollar-fraud-schem/ All of his former partners in that scheme have been convicted.
By the way, those former partners include:
- Devon Archer: Convicted of defrauding the Oglala Sioux out of 43 millions of dollars through a worthless bond scheme, Devon Archer was in partnership with Hunter Biden at the time. Archer’s appeal was recently overturned, and he is awaiting sentencing.
- Bevan Cooney. Currently serving time for the same scheme that involved Devon Archer and Hunter Biden, Cooney turned over his computer to Rudy Giuliani because he feels he was made the fall guy for Hunter Biden. https://heavy.com/news/bevan-cooney/ While Hunter Biden’s name came up repeatedly in the course of legal proceedings, as previously noted he was never charged.
- James Bulger. Nephew of convicted hit man “Whitey Bulger,” James was a partner with Hunter Biden in their secret dealings with the Bank of China. https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/asleep-at-the-switch-giuliani-blasts-obama-for-failing-to-investigate-biden-and-son-hunter (N.B. James Bulger was not involved in the Oglala bond fraud.)
- Chris Heinz. The stepson of John Kerry, who was Secretary of State at the time, Heinz was in partnership with Hunter Biden and James Bulger when they set up a shell corporation to deal with the Bank of China. Under that deal, which placed $1.5 billion in an “investment company” the trio had set up, Hunter Biden also received lucrative payments. According to documents, a portion of those payments were to be held for “the big guy,” Joe Biden. (N.B. Chris Heinz was not implicated in the Oglala bond scheme fraud.)
The purpose of the corporation formed by Biden, Heinz et. al. was to enable the Chinese Communist government to purchase American companies and technologies from which for nationally security reasons they had been barred. Their first purchase was the firm Henniges Automotive, a specialist in anti-vibration technologies crucial to advanced fighter aircraft. Through the Biden-Heinz connection the Chinese were able to acquire the company. “Since then, Henniges has operated at least six facilities in China with at least two new facilities opened after the AVIC deal.” https://justthenews.com/accountability/political-ethics/how-hunter-biden-tied-hedge-fund-helped-communist-china-obtain According to this source, "The jet fighter and the aircraft carriers that China deploys to threaten the South China Seas can be traced back to financial transactions involving Hunter Biden's companies.”
- John Galanis aka “Yanni:” A notorious career criminal with convictions going back all the way to the 1970’s for fraud, racketeering etc., (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Peter_Galanis) John Galanis was a partner with Hunter Biden and his group in the defrauding of the Oglala Sioux. https://www.indianz.com/News/2020/01/27/hunter-bidens-name-used-to-legitimize-sa.asp His other schemes generally involved securities fraud, out of which he bilked tens of millions from investors. Fresh out of prison when he began collaborating with Hunter Biden, he brought his own son into the deal as well – as any loving father would. John Galanis is now serving a 10 year Federal prison sentence for the activities in which Hunter and the Biden name were conspicuously involved. https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/john-galanis-sentenced-10-years-prison-his-participation-scheme-defraud-native-american
- Jason Galanis. Son of racketeer John Galanis, Jason eagerly followed in his father’s lucrative criminal footprints. In January of this year Jason Galanis plead guilty to multiple financial crimes and is now serving a 14 year sentence. https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/jason-galanis-sentenced-more-14-years-prison-defrauding-tribal-entity-and-pension-funds
- Hugh Dunkerly. A Galanis associate partnered with Hunter Biden et. al. in the defrauding of the Oglala Sioux, Hugh Dunkerly is currently the subject of an Administrative Proceeding of the Securities and Exchange Commission over that fraud and others. https://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/2019/34-86105.pdf He has also been indicted in the $43 million fraud scheme against the Sioux. https://www.stocklaw.com/securities-fraud-blog/2019/july/dunkerley-named-in-43-million-dollar-fraud-schem/ The Oglala Sioux have expressed their gratitude. https://www.facebook.com/wakpamnilake/posts/press-statementjune-28-2018wakpamni-lake-community-corporation-wlccpraises-jury-/625284604518701/
- Gary Hirst. A former chairman of Gerova Financial, Gary Hirst is currently serving an eight year sentence for defrauding the Oglala Sioux (https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/gary-hirst-sentenced-8-years-prison-defrauding-tribal-entity-and-pension-funds-tens) Prior to that he was convicted of fraud against his own investors. In that scheme, for which he received 6 and ½ years, he stripped investors of a cool $64 million. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gerova-financial-fraud/ex-gerova-chairman-gets-6-1-2-years-prison-over-stock-scam-idUSKB
- Michelle Morton. Former CEO of Atlantic Assets Management, Michelle Morton plead guilty in the same tribal bond fraud that led to convictions for all of Hunter Biden’s other partners in the scheme. https://www.law360.com/articles/1058645/3-convicted-for-bilking-pensioners-sioux-tribe-out-of-60m Like several of the other partners in the scheme, Morton sold bonds she knew to be worthless and irredeemable to her own clients.
Question: How does the son of a sitting vice president become involved with a rogues gallery of partners all up to their necks in racketeering and fraud? (And also involved with the nephew of a notorious hit man?) How is it that of all those criminal partners only Hunter Biden and Chris Heinz, the sons respectively of the current Vice President and a Secretary of State, escaped prosecution? Other than for the use of the Biden name, why was Hunter Biden brought into that Oglala bond scheme? Why was he brought into the Chinese shell company scheme? What knowledge or experience did he have to offer?
If Hunter Biden was willing to use his father’s name and position to advance a fraud against a Native American tribe, why should we believe he did not do the same thing in his obviously troubling foreign dealings?
Perhaps more importantly, why is our national media so silent on this Biden criminal network? If members of the Trump family had become involved with this same element, how do you imagine our press would react? The question, of course, answers itself.© Jim Wagner
The views expressed by RenewAmerica columnists are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of RenewAmerica or its affiliates.