WASHINGTON, D.C. (06 May 2021) - American Life League executive director and STOPP founder Jim Sedlak issued the following commentary today as part of the bi-weekly STOPP Report:
If you are paying attention to what is happening in our federal government concerning abortion, you most likely think the title of this article is a mistake.
From picking Kamala Harris, an avid Planned Parenthood supporter, as his running mate to installing Xavier Becerra, another big supporter of Planned Parenthood, as the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Biden has done nothing but kowtow to the United States’ largest abortion conglomerate.
As reported by FRC Action, Biden has been taking actions that have decimated the pro-life efforts of the previous administration.
- Repealed the Trump administration’s “Mexico City policy,” which prohibited US funds from going to foreign NGOs that perform or promote abortion.
- Withdrew from the US-led Geneva Consensus Declaration, a 34-country agreement that declared abortion is not an international human right and should never be promoted as a method of family planning.
- Took steps to resume funding of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), which supports abortion in China.
- Started the process to end the Title X Protect Life Rule that made Planned Parenthood withdraw from Title X (and lose $60 million).
- Signed the American Rescue Plan Act (H.R. 1319), a COVID-19 relief package that lacks key abortion funding restrictions on over $459 billion.
- Approved the decision by the US Food and Drug Administration to not enforce long-standing federal regulations that require abortion pills to be dispensed in person; this opens the door to “abortion by mail.”
- Approved the decision by the National Institutes of Health to repeal the Trump-era policy that heavily restricted taxpayer funding of aborted fetal tissue research.
- The White House issued a statement in support of a bill that would make DC the 51st state. DC’s admission as a state would nullify Congressional control over DC’s budget, effectively allowing DC to fund elective abortions.
With all of this, here is what Alexis McGill Johnson, CEO of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, said in an interview published by the Rewire News Group last week (April 27, 2021):
For decades, those opposed to Planned Parenthood have had a consistent message—Planned Parenthood is all about abortion. Whether it is surgical abortions, pill abortions, or early abortions caused by so-called contraceptives that work by preventing an already-created human being from implanting in his or her mother’s womb, Planned Parenthood has never met an abortion it doesn’t like.
You would think that, with all the action Biden has taken to push abortions and to give lots more money to Planned Parenthood, Johnson would be happy; clearly, she is not. She really wants Biden to talk about abortion every time he opens his mouth.
All of this is not surprising when you consider how she got involved with Planned Parenthood in the first place. As Johnson told the Washington Post:
It was an anti-abortion billboard focusing on the impact of abortion on the Black community that got Johnson involved with Planned Parenthood. Now she is the CEO of the entire organization and is unhappy with the most pro-abortion president in US history because he doesn’t mention abortion often enough.
I wonder how many dead Black babies it will take to satisfy her.© Judie Brown
The views expressed by RenewAmerica columnists are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of RenewAmerica or its affiliates.