Putting forth this stringent bill in a nation that now seems to be on the very edge of complete anarchy, is an obvious case of bad intentions, bad timing, and caving to special interest groups. It is obviously more to do with the culture wars than with a legitimate national need.
The EA has already passed the House. It faces a battle in the Senate unless and if the filibuster gets the axe, it has some chance of passing.
On its face it seems like a good law, but just under the surface it has a potential to bring religious freedoms down to the dust.
It will no doubt be juxtaposed against the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) causing many legal skirmishes and court battles to fill the future in our nation.
It is a totally unnecessary law because of the June 2020 Supreme Court decision of Bostock v. Clayton. Bostock allowed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to also cover discrimination against lesbian, gay, and transgenders. But LGBT is not satisfied with that, they want control over the dissenters like the church, not simply protection for their own kind.
The Sleeping Church v. the Woke LGBT
The general view of the Christian church is at an all time low. Americans see the Catholic church steeped in pedophilia and corruption. The protestant church is busy with fluff, like contemporary Christian music, prosperity preachers and the inclusion of worldly practices under the banner of – loving people into the Kingdom.
Apostasy, apathy, and general innocuousness may be the most visible aspects of today’s church, but under all of that, is the true church. It is those people in the church, who will bear many vicissitudes if Equality Act is greenlighted.
The long list of negative ways the EA may affect the church is bad enough, but the real danger is that it has almost become impossible for the church to defend itself. It is a backdoor way of dealing with RFRA, so it doesn’t become a raging battle for it to be repealed.
It is LGBT and legislative skullduggery of the lowest kind.
A Long List of Dangers in the Equality Act.
Below are two separate lists with surprisingly few redundancies. The first list comes from the Liberty Counsel website which offers a button for those who want to join in resisting the Equality Act.
- Churches would be forced to host same-sex ceremonies.
- Churches will lose tax-exempt status for noncompliance.
- Colleges will lose accreditation for noncompliance.
- Noncompliant colleges will be ineligible to receive student loans, causing most religious schools to compromise their core mission or close.
- If churches or religious organizations take overnight trips, including sports or mission trips, they cannot segregate rooms by biological gender.
- Biological men will have access to bathrooms, showers, and nursing-mother rooms at any time, and stay as long as they please.
- Churches would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBTQ conduct, even positions of authority in affiliated daycare classes and give them complete access to all children in the restrooms.
- Cross-dressers could demand that they be greeters, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and more.
- Even the smallest slight would give someone the legal right to sue the church. For example, if a person assumed they were turned down for a staff position because of a LGBTQ lifestyle, they could sue the church for damages, even if that was not the reason they were denied the job!
The second list comes from wnd.com and is written by Christian minister and journalist Larry Tomczak.
On a purely Biblical level the EA is clearly demon inspired to break the power and influence of God and his church in our nation. It is a threat to our children, our freedoms and a call for the Almighty God to bring us into judgment.
Religion and Politics Don’t Mix – A Flimsy Wall to Hide Behind
We must ask our representatives to oppose this bill, or it will destroy one of the most fundamental foundations of our nation.
What we will find if we do nothing, is that politics will be the ingredient that spoils the soup. If the Church is the salt of the earth, then it can be said that the LGBT is the pepper. Dump the entire box of pepper in the soup and we will quickly learn how wrong we were about religion and politics not mixing.
We will then have to admit that our love for the pet adage about religion and politics will be an example of how evil can win over good. There is no adage about that, only this scripture verse.
“Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
Michael Bresciani is the editor of new.americanprophet.org and americanprophet.org archive since 2005. The website features the articles and reports of Bresciani along with some of America’s best writers and journalists. Millions have read his timely reports and articles in online journals and print publications across the nation and the globe. Visit us at Parler, GAB, Spreely, USA.Life, Twitter and Facebook© Michael Bresciani
The views expressed by RenewAmerica columnists are their own and do not necessarily reflect the position of RenewAmerica or its affiliates.